FIGHT HYMN FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
Statistics
We have 119 registered users
The newest registered user is yuriyhed

Our users have posted a total of 186 messages in 182 subjects

Josh Thomson to face Kawajiri at 'Dynamite' 2010

Go down

Josh Thomson to face Kawajiri at 'Dynamite' 2010 Empty Josh Thomson to face Kawajiri at 'Dynamite' 2010

Post  Admin Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:26 am

MMAfighting.com

Fans won't get a chance to see Gilbert Melendez vs. Shinya Aoki at Dynamite!!, but there will be an important lightweight DREAM vs. Strikeforce fight on the card after all.

Josh Thomson vs. Tatsuya Kawajiri has been signed for the Dec. 31 event, MMA Fighting has learned from sources. The bout will take place at the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan.

Fighting and Entertainment Group, the parent company of DREAM, is expected to officially announce the fight in the coming days.

Thomson, 18-3 (1 no contest), has won two in a row since losing the Strikeforce 155-pound title to Melendez last December. He most recently defeated "JZ" Cavalcante in October.

The fight will mark just the second time in Thomson's 10-year career that he will be competing in Japan. He defeated Daisuke Sugie via submission at PRIDE Bushido 8.

Kawajiri, 26-6-2, most recently lost to Aoki at DREAM.15. Prior to that loss, "Crusher" had won four fights in a row.

In November, Thomson told the Las Vegas Sun that he wanted to fight Kawajiri.

"That's a fight I might kick back and wait for. I've wanted that fight forever. He's somebody that excites me."

Bibiano Fernandes is scheduled to defend his DREAM featherweight title against Hiroyuki Takaya on the card, along with a whole host of other uannounced fights.

Admin
Admin

https://fighthymn.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down