FIGHT HYMN FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
Statistics
We have 119 registered users
The newest registered user is yuriyhed

Our users have posted a total of 186 messages in 182 subjects

UFC Fighter Cut After UFC 123 (SPOILERS!!!)

Go down

UFC Fighter Cut After UFC 123 (SPOILERS!!!) Empty UFC Fighter Cut After UFC 123 (SPOILERS!!!)

Post  Admin Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:09 am

http://www.5thround.com/59642/karo-parisyan-cut-by-ufc-again/

Quote:

Karo Parisyan Cut by UFC … Again

Happy trails to welterweight Karo Parisyan. Following 107 seconds of forgettable Octagon action at UFC 123, the world’s premier MMA promotion has once again cut ties with the controversial Armenian.

“I get in these positions where guys like Karo Parisyan – who have put on a lot of great fights for me over the past few years – he falls on hard times, and I don’t want to sit here and act like a goof and pat myself on the back, but I’ve done a lot of things for him,” UFC president Dana White said at post-fight press conference.

Dennis Hallman ended Parisyan’s UFC career once and for all with a 1stRound TKO on Saturday night. Although it could be argued the stoppage was a tad premature, the promoter believes “The Heat” is burnt at both ends and released him nonetheless.

“I won’t put a fighter in harm’s way, and Karo came in here tonight and proved he can’t compete at this level anymore,” White frankly stated.

White shocked the MMA world in early September when he went back on his promise and allowed Parisyan back in his organization. He unleashed a vicious tweet after Parisyan abruptly pulled out of his UFC 106 contest against Dustin Hazelett just days before showtime.

The Karo controversy carousel certainly doesn’t stop there. Following his UFC 94 “win” over Dong Hyun Kim, the Nevada State Commission suspended Parisyan for nine months, fined him a total of $32,000, and overturned his split decision W to a No Decision after it was revealed that he had three banned pain killers in his system.

Parisyan also ran into trouble at UFC 88 back in September 2008 when he was a last-minute scratch against Yoshiyuki Yoshida because of a back injury. Shortly after, he went public regarding issues with panic attacks.

Admin
Admin

https://fighthymn.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down