FIGHT HYMN FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
Statistics
We have 119 registered users
The newest registered user is yuriyhed

Our users have posted a total of 186 messages in 182 subjects

Brit "Judo" Jim Wallhead joins Bellator's season-four welterweight tourney

Go down

Brit "Judo" Jim Wallhead joins Bellator's season-four welterweight tourney Empty Brit "Judo" Jim Wallhead joins Bellator's season-four welterweight tourney

Post  Admin Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:37 am

http://mmajunkie.com/news/22098/brit-judo-jim-wallhead-joins-bellators-season-four-welterweight-tourney.mma

by MMAjunkie.com Staff

British judoka "Judo" Jim Wallhead (20-5 MMA, 1-0 BFC) is the sixth and latest addition to Bellator Fighting Championships' upcoming season-four welterweight tournament.

Officials today announced the season-three non-tournament bout winner's inclusion.

Wallhead joins the tourney after he was forced to withdraw from a season-three slot due to the 2010 eruptions of Icelandic volcano Eyjafjallajökull.

Wallhead did make it to the U.S. for a non-tournament win over Ryan Thomas at Bellator 32.

Wallhead joins Dan Hornbuckle, Rick Hawn, Brent Weedman, Chris Lozano and Lyman Good in the tourney, which kicks off in March on MTV2. Former IFL champ and UFC/Strikeforce vet Jay Hieron also is expected to be part of the field.

"Wallhead was a fighter we wanted to be part of Bellator for some time, but because of the volcanic ash in Europe, his arrival in the Bellator cage got delayed for a few months," Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney stated in today's official release. "After his fight with Ryan Thomas, it was clear he was worth the wait. I'm excited to see if he can carry the momentum from that victory into the Bellator season four welterweight tournament."

Fighting professionally since 2005, Wallhead carries an eight-fight win streak into the matchup. Nevertheless, the 26-year-old expects to be considered an underdog in the bracket.

"I guarantee people are looking past me heading into this tournament," Wallhead stated. "I'm prepared to surprise all doubters everywhere. I will 100 percent give every guy in this tournament a war, so bring it!"

Bellator, which aired past seasons on ESPN Deportes and then FOX Sports Net, also is expected to host season-four tournaments in the featherweight, lightweight and light heavyweight divisions.

Admin
Admin

https://fighthymn.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down